A funny saying goes, “What is Pedro’s is Pedro’s, and what is Juan’s is Juan’s.” While referring to property, the saying has a more idiomatic meaning when applied to romantic relationships.
When two people become lovers, they are bound almost forever, even without being married. Which I have to say, becomes even more meaningful when both of you are from showbiz.
There are still unanswered questions regarding the breakup of Kim Chiu and Gerald Anderson. Did they or were they a couple? Was everything you saw only on the big screen?
While both stars flourished, proving they can be stars on their own, the Kimerald connection remains to this day. Especially on the part of Kim Chiu, who was more vocal about their so-called breakup. In her own words, Kim declared that she and Gerald never became a couple.
So when the news broke that Gerald Anderson and fellow ABS CBN star Maja Salvador have become romantically close, Kim Chiu would naturally be flocked by media outfits left and right. Not only is she considered an ex of Gerald, she is also a close friend of Maja Salvador. In fact, the two ABS CBN stars are regularly seen together on the hit primetime series “Ina, Kapatid Anak”. Kim also mentioned before that she confided a lot with Maja, leaned on her for comfort and support during the most troubled times.
Is Kim Chiu bitter over the news? Did Maja consult her before getting involved with Gerald?
How can I say she might be bitter? Just read the following, which came from Kim during a press conference. (translated from PEP)
“I am very tired of all the questions about Gerald. He went through a lot of women, not only me. Why not ask the opinion of the other women since there were a lot of them?
“We’ve separated for already three years. People keep asking me if I’m okay. Of course I’m okay, I’m doing fine.”
“I have already let go a long time ago. I’m tired of being foolish.”
Let go, stupid, other women, does anyone see it now? Sounds like bitterness isn’t it?
Question is should she even be bitter? They were never a couple, right? For all the many kilig moments they had, the exchanging of luxury gifts, the nationwide Kimerald following, that was all for the sake of showbiz. There was no real life magic. No love at all.
If Gerald Anderson wishes to pursue other women like Sarah Geronimo and Maja Salvador, he is free to do it. He doesn’t need the approval of Kim Chiu, ABS CBN, or any of their die-hard Kimerald fans. He is single, those women are single. None of us can find any limitations or hindrances.
Except maybe this time, because Maja Salvador is a close friend of Kim Chiu. Which brings us back to Pedro and Juan. Is Pedro’s ex forever off limits from Juan?
Why should a rule like than even exist in the first place?
Kim Chiu admits feeling disappointed by this development, stating her friendship with Maja Salvador has taken a hit.
“I was surprised. I never expected this to happen.”
Kim Chiu’s message to both of them?
“I’m happy for them. Let us just be happy for them.”
You know, I’m much more interested in how ABS CBN would handle this. Since Gerald Anderson and Maja Salvador are both their contract stars, surely they can take advantage of the situation. Now that Gerald-Sarah has gone up in smoke (no thanks to Mommy Divine), they could really use a new love team.
Maja and Gerald have proven to be great stars both on TV and in the movies. If a Gerald-Maja love team can attract new fans, the better it is for the Kapamilya network.
Showbiz is better off without the Pedro and Juan Rule. What was Kim’s is no longer Kim’s. It is now Maja’s. And Gerald’s.
Leave a Reply
Please read related posts below:
- Maja Salvador and Matteo Guidicelli break-up Lots of celebrities both in Philippine and in Hollywood are breaking up. Just now, Maja Salvador has confirmed she and Matteo Guidicelli have broken up....
- Gerald Anderson and Sarah Geronimo promotes “Won’t Last The Day Without You” on Eat Bulaga Kapamilya Gerald Anderson and Sarah Geronimo were special guests on the November 29 episode of GMA-7′s noontime show, Eat Bulaga. Gerald Anderson and Sarah Geronimo...
- Kim Chiu, No-no “nose job”? Kim Chiu denies rumored “nose job” spreading all over showbiz landia. Former Pinoy Big Brother Teen and love-team of Gerald Anderson challenged and said, “Kung gusto...
- Gerald Anderson:Sarah Geronimo is more open with what she feels Philippine Entertainment Portal(PEP) recently interviewed Gerald Anderson, asking him several questions regarding the real score between him and popstar princess Sarah Geronimo. Sarah G celebrated...
- Gerald Anderson gives up on Sarah Geronimo because of Mommy Divine It all started with a blind item from Ogie Diaz on Twitter. It went something like this: “G has given up on courting S, because...