On Wednesday, 3 alleged members of alleged vigilante group has been arrested in a police raid, accompanied by the media men in Vitas, Tondo.
The suspects were arrested in their hideout in Aroma Temporary Housing unit, Brgy. 105 Tondo Manila.
The arrested suspects are alleged members of Confederate Sentinel Group, a vigilante group responsible for conducting “tokhang” operations in Tondo.
Turned out, the group used the Barangay post of Barangay 105 as their hideout.
Several home-made guns and ammunitions were also recovered by the police in the raid.
The group is allegedly involved in several unaccounted deaths in Tondo.
One of the arrested suspects confessed to the Philippine Star reporter that their group is responsible for several killings in Tondo.
However, when asked to give a specific number, the suspect claimed he cannot give a number since he has not joined any operation of the group.
But he insisted his group has been responsible for many kills.
Video courtesy of Philippine Star
EXCLUSIVE: Three suspected members of vigilante group responsible for conducting “Tokhang” operations in Tondo, were arrested on Wednesday. | via Rey Galupo
Posted by Philippine Star on Wednesday, February 8, 2017
On February 8, 2017, the 3 suspects were presented to media in Camp Crame by no less than the PNP Chief Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa.
CNN shared the highlights of the press conference:
- Dela Rosa: Group told parents killing was police handiwork
- Dela Rosa: They are operating in the guise of drug war
- Dela Rosa: Group is from Vitas, Tondo, Manila
- Dela Rosa: We are not authorizing barangay police to bear arms
- PNP Chief Ronald Dela Rosa: Group has been operating for about 5 months
- Dela Rosa: Group supposedly has 200 members
- MPD: Group engaged in killing of 3 other persons
- MPD: Suspects facing murder, illegal possession of firearms charges
- MPD: Supposed commander is a certain Ricardo Villamonte
- PNP: Suspects are targeting suspects from rival groups
- PNP: Suspects are members of civilian volunteers organization
- Dela Rosa: Group is called “Confederate Sentinel Group”
- Dela Rosa: There are other cases of deaths under investigation
- Dela Rosa: Police arrested three members of an armed vigilante group in Tondo, Manila on Feb. 8
BREAKING NEWS: PNP presents members of alleged vigilante group supposedly involved in the death of a 16-year-old boy. www.cnn.ph
– Dela Rosa: Group told parents killing was police handiwork
– Dela Rosa: They are operating in the guise of drug war
– Dela Rosa: Group is from Vitas, Tondo, Manila
– Dela Rosa: We are not authorizing barangay police to bear arms
– PNP Chief Ronald Dela Rosa: Group has been operating for about 5 months
– Dela Rosa: Group supposedly has 200 members
– MPD: Group engaged in killing of 3 other persons
– MPD: Suspects facing murder, illegal possesion of firearms charges
– MPD: Supposed comander is a certain Ricardo Villamonte
– PNP: Suspects are targeting suspects from rival groups
– PNP: Suspects are members of civilian volunteers organization
– Dela Rosa: Group is called “Confederate Sentinel Group”
– Dela Rosa: There are other cases of deaths under investigation
– Dela Rosa: Police arrested three members of an armed vigilante group in Tondo, Manila on Feb. 8
Posted by CNN Philippines on Wednesday, February 8, 2017
In light of this breakthrough arrest, some netizens commented that the government has been vindicated and extra-judicial killings blamed against the Duterte administration is false.
Fiona Loi wrote: “Ngayon lumabas na totoo about ejk sumasabay lang pla sa war on drugs ang mga yan para guluhin ang war on drugs ni President,tapos sila delima naman makabintang ke duterte wagas …oh yan delima nakita mo na lumitaw na mga ejk.”
Amber Kate Rendaje Amber commented: “Yah media that’s clear who make vigilante killing ejk bato bravooo and all good police man ”
WinSton Lubin said: “Isampal nyo kay DELIMA yang event na yan para malaman nya na mga kampon nya gumagawa ng extra judicial kuno.”
Dacutez Dulu wrote: “EJK lumabas katotohanan gsto sirain new admnistration,see!Delimaw,mgsalita ka ipglaban m EJK m,bka daga nlng maniniwala sau..”
Rey Simbajon joined the chorus that the government is not involved in EJK: “Mga bata ng mga drug lord.. pinapatay nila rival group sa business tapos i crecredit na police raw.. yan ang style ni de lima.. involved pa rin sya sa drug trade.”
Justin James D. Bayuga commented: “Mga bayaran ng mga dilaw yan pra gumawa ng EJK tas ibintang sa gobyerno. CHR tulongan nyo na cla… kawawa nman o at nppahiya na cla labag pangtao yan…”
Merita Roth said: “Now lumalabas na ang mga rival Groups. They want to defend thier teritoryo. Ayan they slaughtering each other na.”
Many netizens congratulated the PNP Chief for a job well done.
“Good job Sir Bato. GOD BLESS U PO,” Vine Banaan Mahilum is one of the many who thank the PNP Chief for the arrest of the suspects.
Meanwhile, some call the arrest scripted.
Nestor A. Diaz wrote: “Gandahan nyo yung script ha! Yung kapani-paniwala.”
Do you agree that the arrest of members of the vigilante group is a solid proof debunking EJK’s is government sponsored as Duterte critics alleged?
Credits to CNN Philippines, Philippine Star
Source: Pinoy Trending News
Could the arrest of 3 murder suspects debunks allegation of government-sponsored EJK’s? Netizens say so!