Share This:

Duterte Orders Cops to Resume War on Drugs, Tells Chief Bato to Hire Patriotic Young Men with No History of Corruption!

The war on drugs in the Philippines was temporary put on hold by Pres. Rodrigo Duterte some weeks ago, after several high-ranking police officials were tagged in the ‘tokhang for ransom’ case against a Korean national which happened inside the Philippine National Police (PNP) headquarters in Camp Crame under the guise of an anti-drug operation.

Intelligence reports noted a spike in drug activities when ‘tokhang’ operations were halted. According to the president, there was a 20% rise in drug activities since the suspension of the anti-drug campaign last month.

Photo credit: Community Newswatch PH – CTO/PNA/JBP/CMR



(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

On February 28, the president ordered the PNP to resume its war on drugs – but only a select few will be able to participate.

Duterte said, “I have ordered Bato to recruit young men in the PNP who are imbued with fervor of patriotism to be the members only of the task forces. Every station should have one pero yung piling-pili, iyung walang history of corruption.

The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) will continue supervising the drug campaign but because the agency has much fewer people than the PNP and has admitted that it lacks the manpower to effectively work on the anti-drug campaign by themselves, Duterte said he wants to tap the police force again as he had no choice but to do it.

PNP Chief Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa said he is ready to take the helm once the president gives them the order to resume the anti-drug operations.


Source: DefinitelyFilipino
Duterte Orders Cops to Resume War on Drugs, Tells Chief Bato to Hire Patriotic Young Men with No History of Corruption!

Share This:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading...