The plastic backing was similar to snow globe, containing a thick liquid that allowed glitter sparkles and unicorn and rainbow shapes to move around when shaken.
However, its outer lining comes apart while under Olivia’s leg, allowing the viscous substance to drip out onto the edge of the iPhone 5C. The chemical then moved onto the young girl’s leg – burning the shape of the phone into her skin while sleeping. Olivia woke up in pain, but it was not until the morning that she and mother discovered the injury she had been left with.
Then in the morning I saw this awful burn on her leg – I was so shocked a phone case could do that. Doctors have said it is a severe chemical burn and she will be scarred for life. I can’t believe it; she will have a scar in the shape of a phone on her leg.’
Karly chose to share the image of her daughter’s scarring online as a warning to other parents who may be looking and buying cases like Olivia’s.
How This 9-Year-Old Girl Got Her Permanent “iPhone Scar” Will Surely Make You Discomfit!