Shopping for groceries is a routine for some, while others claim it is therapeutic. More than a weekly or a monthly activity, it definitely is not an activity one would generally consider to be particularly dangerous.
But Malaysian national Lim Alvin got even more stressed when her little peaceful errand ended up as a dreadful and disgusting ordeal.
In her viral Facebook post, Lim shared how a stranger splashed semen on her back as she was buying soap at a supermarket.
Below is the English translation of her account of the story.
“I went to a grocery story in Jala Klang Lama to buy my daily items. While I was looking at one of the product’s label, I felt that the back of my shirt was damp and there were some splashes of liquid on my leg,”
“I thought that I stepped on some spilled water on the floor or that the liquid soap I was holding had spilled. But how can it be so, when I felt it on my back?”
“I saw someone rushing past me, so I quickly reacted and ran over to the next lane to seek help from the staff there. I was terrified, but they did not help me, luckily some security guards came over to stop him from escaping.”
Stressed and traumatized, Lim said she confronted the suspect and asked what he splashed on her back. The man denied doing it and pointed out that “it was just normal water.”
But the guard inspected the fluid and concluded that it was indeed semen based on the smell and consistency.
Lim continued, “I requested to view the CCTV footage and managed to use my phone to record the evidence of the pervert’s actions.”
The man eventually gave in and pleaded with Lim while offering monetary compensation. He even offered her to just beat him up and let him go.
But Lim stood her ground and decided to file a report.
“I took a photo of his IC and let him go after that.”
She would later find out that the suspect had a previous history of perverted acts.
“One hour later, I went to the police station to lodge a report. The police informed me that he had a previous record being caught recording upskirt videos of unsuspecting girls. I’m posting this incident to warn other girls that even in a supermarket, these things can happen.”